Project Overload
Please take the time to vote for the server.

Vote ++
Project Overload
Please take the time to vote for the server.

Vote ++
Project Overload
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

317 Runescape private server(:

HomeHighScoresLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basics of photoshop.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexi
Alexi

Basics of photoshop. Empty
PostSubject: Basics of photoshop.   Basics of photoshop. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:20 pm

So, I thought I'd make this thread on the forums to give people some idea of how to use Photoshop! If I miss anything please let me know, and I'll be sure to add them to the list.

Tools

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Name: Rectangular Marquee Tool
Shortcut: M
Description: This tool is used to make selections of your image. And as the name says, it makes it in a rectangular shape. It changes the area of the image that is used by other tools or "actions" to be within that certain area. Holding Shift while dragging makes it a perfect square, Holding the ALT key while dragging sets the center of the rectangle to where your cursor started.

Name: Move Tool
Shortcut: V
Description: This tool is to move things. Most of the time it is used to move a layer around. Holding SHIFT will make it only move horizontally, or vertically.

Name: Lasso Tool
Shortcut: L
Description: This is used to draw selections in what shape you want it to be in. To close it, click on the "beginning point", or just double click anywhere on the screen. You can also hold the CTRL key, and the next time you click, it will close the selection.

Name: Magic Wand Tool
Shortcut: W
Description: This will select a color range. It will select the block of color, or transparency, or wherever you click. You can change how precise it will be by changing the "Tolerance" at the top under "Options."

Name: Crop Tool
Shortcut: C
Description: When you select an area you want to crop, you press the Enter/Return key, and it will crop your image to the size of the box that you make.

Name: Slice Tool
Shortcut: K
Description: This is pretty much used in building websites. It splits up one image into smaller ones. This is an advanced tool, we'll skip over it.

Name: Healing Brush
Shortcut: J
Description: It's a very useful tool, and it's pretty advanced. This tool can be used to repair scratches on images. It works sort of like the brush tool, it copies the information from the first area to the second. It blends in with the other area of color, when holding the ALT key and selecting a clean part of the image.

Name: Brush Tool
Shortcut: B
Description: This is one of the first tools you will ever use. It's a very basic tool. It paints on your image, using the Foreground / Background color you choose in the color boxes at the bottom.

Name: Clone Stamp Tool
Shortcut: S
Description: This is similar to the healing brush tool, it is used the same way. This tool doesn't blend at the end, though.

Name: Eraser Tool
Shortcut: E
Description: This is the opposite of the brush tool, it's an eraser, lol. It erases information from the layer you've selected.

Name: Gradient Tool
Shortcut: G
Description: This is a tool that is used to make a filling of colors from the spectrum of the foreground color and background color. It creates a blending of your foreground color and background color when you click and drag it.

Name: Blur Tool
Shortcut: R
Description: This tool makes things...Blurry. When you click and hold your mouse down, and drag it across the screen, it makes things blur. The more you go over one spot, the blurrier it gets.

Name: Dodge Tool
Shortcut: O
Description: This tool lightens whatever area it is used on. If the layer is black, it will not lighten it.

Name: Path Selection Tool
Shortcut: A
Description: This tool is used for working with paths. It's related to the Pen Tool.

Name: Text Tool
Shortcut: T
Description: This is the text tool, you click where you want your text to start, and you start typing. You can change the fonts, size and color of the text at the top of the screen.

Name: Pen Tool
Shortcut: P
Description: I mentioned this tool above. It’s for creating paths, in which you would use the Path Selection Tool to select the path. Paths can be used in a few different ways, mostly to create clipping paths, or to create selections. You use the tool by clicking to add a point. If you click and drag, it will change the shape of your path, allowing you to bend and shape the path for accurate selections and such.

Name: Rectangle Tool
Shortcut: U
Description: It draws a rectangle on the screen, it fills it with whatever foreground color you have set.

Name: Notes tool
Shortcut: N
Description: This is like a post it note. This tool is used for making a small, little note box over your image. This only works with .PSD Files.

Name: Eyedropper Tool
Shortcut: I
Description: This tool changes the foreground color you have set to whatever color you have clicked on in the image. Holding ALT will change the background color.

Name: Hand Tool
Shortcut: T?
Description: It moves your entire image within a window. If you're image is too big to fit on one part of the workspace, you can use it to navigate around the image without having to un-zoom.

Name: Zoom Tool
Shortcut: Z
Description: This tool is used for zooming in on your image. Holding SHIFT will zoom all of the windows at the same time. Holding the ALT Key will zoom out.

Back to top Go down
DeZiiNe
DeZiiNe

PostSubject: Re: Basics of photoshop.   Basics of photoshop. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:50 pm

I downloaded Photoshop CS5 Full Version about a week ago , I am defenitly gonna use this .
Back to top Go down
aaronb8
CLAN - The Overload
CLAN - The Overload
aaronb8

PostSubject: Re: Basics of photoshop.   Basics of photoshop. EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:19 pm

see dez, thats when u give rep..

Ontopic:

Nice, not sure if ill use this, only time i use photoshop is to put a girl i like on a naked body. LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basics of photoshop.   Basics of photoshop. Empty

Back to top Go down

Basics of photoshop.
Page 1 of 1